Injured Employee Recovery > Return-to-Work Programs
In our last post, we talked about how to ensure your employees return to work promptly after a medical leave or after suffering an injury. Showing compassion and maintaining constant communication is key in showing your employees you value them. In this article, we’ll explore the 6 simple tips for implementing a return to work program, which mutually benefits both the employer and the employee. In addition, protect your business’ bottom line and provide the necessary coverage to your employees with a comprehensive and tailored IN Workers’ Compensation Insurance policy.
The benefits of a RTW program.
According to the National Association of Wholesaler-Distributors, the following benefits apply to the employer:
- Controls direct and indirect costs
- Reduces production downtime
- Reduces need to train replacement
- Raises morale and improves operations similar job
- Reduces workers’ compensation fraud
For the employee, the benefits include:
- Gets them back to work promptly to continue making money
- Provides a sense of appreciation and value
Here’s how to implement it:
- Nominate someone from management to control the communication and strategy implementation when an employee needs to take a leave of absence.
- Create a strategic plan to be followed that indicates your commitment to your employees and getting them back to work as soon as possible.
- Develop transitional duties for the injured employee so that they can be accommodated reasonably and get back to work.
- Report injuries immediately and identify the cause to prevent future accidents from happening.
- Allow the employee to receive the necessary medical attention right away.
- Communicate with the employee regularly – don’t allow them to think they have been forgotten because they aren’t working for you.
About Walker & Associates Insurance
At Walker Agency, we understand the risks that business owners face when it comes to financially protecting themselves and their employees. For more information regarding our coverages, contact us today at (800) 213-7126.